Lately it seems like everyone is getting laid off and those who have been able to hold their jobs are worried sick. We have been hit with layoffs for quite a while now and with that job insecurity has started taking toll on some people. However, most people don’t realize the possibilities that lie ahead of them. There are hundreds and thousands of jobs that are waiting given you have the skills, talent and most of all desire to succeed.
We have compiled a list of 30 sites where you can find your next dream job. Whether you want to work online or offline, full-time or part-time we are sure you will find something that will fit your needs. Blogger, designer, programmer, doctor, lawyer whatever it is that you are interested in there is something for everyone. There are opportunities out there and those opportunities are looking for eligible applicants, just like you.
note : description for most of these sites are taken directly from their about page to give a better picture of what the site has to offer.
- Hound : Hound shows its members jobs from every employer website it can find in the United States and throughout the world. It is the most powerful job-search engine in existence and powers several job boards. Recruiters use Hound to track down potential jobs for their clients.
- CareerBank : CareerBank.com is the leading online career center for the accounting, finance, mortgage, insurance and banking community. CareerBank.com provides job posting and candidate search tools for employers. The site also provides resume posting, job search and career development resources for job seekers.
- Elance : With the largest network of certified technology and creative talent, Elance helps businesses succeed by connecting them with the people they need to get work done. Elance facilitates the entire work process from hiring to collaboration to payment.
- TrueCareers : Job search and career advice site where millions of degreed professionals find jobs with the companies that value them.
- Odesk : oDesk is the marketplace for online workteams, with the best business model for both buyers and providers. Our unique approach guarantees that an hour paid is an hour worked while also guaranteeing that an hour worked is an hour paid.
- JobsInTheMoney : JobsintheMoney.com, a Dice Holdings company, is a leading career website for accounting and finance professionals in the United States. Search for accounting jobs and finance jobs and apply online.
- JobCentral : JobCentral National Labor Exchange is a service of DirectEmployers Association (DEA), a nonprofit consortium of leading U.S. corporations, in alliance with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA).
- Fresho : Fresho.com is a superior online job search engine that was launched in January 2008. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive list of job search tools to help match qualified applicants to employers.
- Krop : Fortune 500 brands and the world’s most familiar companies use Krop and its Network to locate, reach and recruit first-class talent. Some of the companies that use Krop are-GUCCI, Facebook, Forbes, Motorola, ABC News, Turner Broadcasting, The New York Times, Apple, Playboy Ent., HBO, Adobe, NFL, AOL, Nike, Google, etc.
- SimplyHired : Simply Hired is a vertical search engine company based in Silicon Valley, and we’re building the largest online database of jobs on the planet. Our goal is to make finding your next job a simple yet effective, enjoyable journey.
- Snag a Job : SnagAJob.com has been hooking up America’s hourly workforce with great hourly jobs. Now, more than 10 million registered job seekers later, we’re the nation’s largest job site for part-time and full-time hourly jobs.
- Get a Coder : Coders can view posted projects to decide which ones they are qualified to bid on. You can also provide buyers information about the type of work you can do. The buyer chooses the winning bid and if you are the chosen coder, you can begin the work, complete the job and get paid.
- JobBankUSA : JobBankUSA has grown to be one of the Internet’s largest and best-known online recruiting sites. Since 1995 JobBankUSA.com has provided services to over 5 million job seekers, hiring managers, recruiters and human resource professionals.
- CollegeRecruiter : For candidates, CollegeRecruiter.com features include hundreds of thousands of entry level job posting ads (on-line help wanted ads), a School Finder feature which matches those interested in continuing their education with hundreds of traditional and on-line schools, and tens of thousands of pages of employment-related articles, blogs, and Ask the Experts questions and answers.
- Guru : For Freelancers, Guru.com offers the opportunity to market to a global audience with minimal costs. Innovative features, such as an online Video Profile, give Freelancers a cutting edge platform to highlight their skills and experience to attract new business and retain repeat customers.
- Workopolis (Canada) : Canada’s biggest job search site where you can search for a job, post a current job opening or check out the resources for information, advice, and other articles and resources.
- MarketingJobs : MarketingJobs.com lists marketing and sales related jobs from all over the United States. If you are into marketing or sales this is your hub.
- Developers : IT professionals can create a job profile and then receive emails regarding jobs posted that match their profile. The site is limited to programming and computer positions.
- CareerBuilder : As the U.S.’s largest online job site, CareerBuilder.com put over 1.6 million jobs in front of poised job seekers wherever they are – at home or work – in print and on the Internet. More than 23 million unique visitors come to the site every month to check out opportunities in every industry, field and job type.
- FlipDog : FlipDog is a great place to find jobs and advance your career. Whether you’re looking for a new job or researching employment opportunities, FlipDog allows you to quickly search and find the information you need most. And since FlipDdog is powered by Monster you’ll have access to the largest database of jobs and the most helpful career development tools.
- FreshWebJobs : As a registered job seeker you will be able to save and mark job postings on FreshWebJobs. Use the FWJ Bookmarklet to add job postings from other sites, keeping them centralized and organized in one place.
- NoAgenciesPlease : The name says it all. This site offers fee free direct recruitment for new media freelancers.
- Sologig : Sologig gives you instant access to quality employers looking exclusively for independent talent. Unlike other websites for independent professionals, Sologig never charges you project fees. Additionally, thereâ€™s no bidding on Sologig. You choose which projects you are interested in and negotiate pricing directly with the employer.
- Monster : The leading global online network for careers, connecting the most progressive companies with the most qualified career-minded individuals. Monster is committed to leading the market by offering innovative technology and superior services that give consumers and businesses more control over the recruiting process.
- QuintessentialCareers : Quintessential Careers is the ultimate career, job, and college site, offering comprehensive free expert career and job-hunting advice (through articles, tools, tips, samples, and tutorials), as well as links to all the best job sites. Special sections for teens, college students, and all other job-seekers (by industry, geography, and job-seeker type) make this site a comprehensive resource for all.
- AuthenticJobs : Authentic Jobs is a targeted destination for standards-aware designers and developers and the companies seeking to hire them.
- BloggerJobs : Are you a professional blogger or freelance writer looking into paid blogging opportunities? Blogger jobs can post your resume and links to existing bodies of work if you get in touch with us through our contact form.
- FreelanceSwitch Job Board : A very popular blog with over 30K readers also offers a job board where you can look for freelance jobs and get in touch with potential clients.
- Problogger Job Board : The ProBlogger Job Board is where bloggers looking for jobs and companies looking for bloggers to hire meet. If you’re looking to hire a blogger the ProBlogger Job Board is a place to find them.
- Yahoo! Hot Jobs : Find a job, post your resume, research careers at featured companies, compare salaries and get career advice on Yahoo! HotJobs. Start your job search now on Yahoo! HotJobs – thousands of jobs listed daily.
Additional Resources (Career Related Blogs For Tips and Advice)
There are thousand more sites that help you find and apply jobs online, but we think the ones we have listed above should pretty much cover jobs in every possible field.